Saturday, October 11, 2008

Susie Back to Work

I went back to work on October 1st. Not really back to work, as I started a new job at an independent pharmacy in Darien, just a few exits north of here. My previous store's hours were cut, and I was going to have become a "floater." (Filling in for pharmacists at various stores.) Among other reasons, I decided to leave and have a set schedule, as well as flexibility on days if I needed it. I now work 3 days a week and one weekend a month...kinda sounds like the National Guard Reserve! Out of the first nine days of October, I worked 7 of them. I think that was the hardest week of my life. I was exhausted--and still am--from working 9 hour shifts, getting Bailey ready to go to the babysitters. TJ picked her up early 2 nights, but still, having to come home and feed her/bathe her and tend to her needs while you are so hungry you could eat the a** off a skunk, is physically and mentally draining. Not to mention, she isn't sleeping through the night so I am up 2 to 3 times with her. Needless to say, I'm not getting my REM sleep. However, it is all worth it when you come home and she smiles at you and you can get her to giggle and jabber. We'll look back at this time period of massive spitting up/squirting and realize it was just a blip on the radar and a requirement to go through in her life's stages.

No comments: