Saturday, October 4, 2008

I found my toes!

I was bathing Bailey last night and she did something pretty funny.  I put her into her little bath tub let her splash around for a minute, like I usually do.  She loves to do that right when she gets in.  But this time she didn't splash.  Instead she lifted both of her feet out of the water and lifted her head off the headrest on the bath tub like she was doing a sit up.  With head up and feet out of the water, she just stared at her left foot.  She looked at it for about 30 seconds, just concentrating on it.  It was almost like she had never seen her foot before!  

Susie and I have noticed that she has been discovering her hands and trying to use them.  She seems to be right handed because this is the one that usually ends up in her mouth.  She just looks at the left one like, "what is this one for?"  Then she goes back to the right one and puts it back into her mouth.  

It is fun to watch her grow and discover things.  

tj

No comments: