Friday, October 17, 2008

I get to take care of both my girls



Today, I got to take care of both of my girls...Susie and Bailey. I stayed home from work to help Susie take care of Bailey because Susie "threw out her back" yesterday. She has had some trouble with her back in the past, but not like this. She was trying to get Bailey up the steep stairs of the babysitter yesterday and twisting wrong and that was that. By the end of the day she could barely walk!

She is doing much better today. I am doing all of the lifting/laundry/diaper changes for Bailey. Susie is doing the feedings after I hand Bailey to her. In between feedings we are having fun playing with Bailey. Susie is resting and trying to get better.

My friend and spine surgeon Christian Brotea was nice enough to make a house call today to take a look at Susie's back. He said it is probably a bad muscle strain or ligamentous injury. He doubts it is a disk herniation, so that is good. We are going to see how she does over the next few days and possibly see him in his office next week if things don't improve. The next step would be an MRI.

Susie and I both have the weekend off together. We are planning on just hanging around and getting her back better. The fall colors are very nice right now in the Northeast, so we might go to the park to get a family picture.

tj

No comments: