Last weekend Bailey and I flew into Aspen, Colorado for a surprise visit. My sister lives near there with her husband and 2 kids and my Mom, from Boise, was flying there for a long weekend visit. About a month before, TJ suggested I fly out there and surprise them, since I couldn't make it home when Julie is there for Spring Break. Brian, my Dad, Scott and Jenn were all in on it--and didn't slip up for a month! It was so much fun to hear my Mom and Julie talk about their trip and what they had planned. I was snickering inside!
So Bailey and I flew in Thursday, just an hour after my Mom did. The plan was for my Mom, Julie and Mac to go shopping in Aspen, then meet Brian for lunch. Brian picked up Bailey and me and we went into the cantina a few minutes after Brian. I strolled Bailey around the corner to their table and watched my Mom and Julie and Julie's reactions. It took a few seconds. They both looked at the baby in the stroller and thought, "Bailey has a jacket just like that!" Then my Mom looked up and and did a double-take, as she recognized me and tried to figure out how I got to Aspen. It was a great surprise and Brian did a great job helping keep the secret.
Some highlights of the trip:
*Susie's bag and Bailey's carseat delayed for 12 hours--loaner car seat.
*Surprising Aiden at school and his reaction, "Susie's coming too?!"
*Bailey's first wagon ride
*Mackenzie exercising her gag reflex as she watched Bailey spit up/puke on the floor which landed from 5 feet up with a splat.
*Watching Aiden read a book aloud for the first time
*Seeing about 30 elk in the fields near the Kelso's previous house....and numerous deer
*Aiden and Mackenzie so very much into Star Wars
*Playing "restaurant" with Aiden and Kenz. One chef, one waiter/waitress, one patron.
*Aiden not wanting to climb the big boulder because, "that's a climb for second graders."
*Bailey holding on to Kenz's coat in the car because she likes the way it feels.
*Aiden at the diner saying, "I'm done!" and Kenzie spilling the water.
*Porta-crib + Susie's back = NG
*Herbal supplement called "Altitude Adjustment" at the City Market pharmacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment